This kit has; a blue LED light, with 5 foot cable socket assembly (EEL1-1.5M-SBL2-B), a Micro Effects Dimmer control with 8 different lighting modes (MED1), and a 12 volt battery holder (BHC1-8AA-12V). The blue LED lamp operates from 12 volts DC at 100ma nominal current, with a light output of 25 lumens nominal. The blue silicone Bi-Pin light uses 24 LEDs. The blue LEDs have a peak wavelength of 460nm. The kit operates from 8 AA batteries using the included battery holder. The light kit can be expected to operate more than 12 hours when using alkaline AA batteries.
The EEL1-1.5M cable socket assembly can be press fit into a 7/16” hole drilled into rigid foam, wood or other prop and scenery building material. The taper of the socket body locks it into place, and the socket has a front flange to limit the insertion depth and provide a finished appearance.
The MED1 Micro Effects Dimmer control button functions are:
The Light button is used in static mode for dimming. Note the Static (0 mode) dimming function is between effects #8 and #1 when sequencing through the modes.
The Speed (On/Off) button provides ten speed levels for the effects modes and is also used to turn the unit off when it is held longer than 3 seconds.
The Mode button provides eight dynamic effects, and the Static (0 mode) between effects #8 and #1.
The lighting effects modes are:
0) Static mode for dimming
1) Up / Down – ramp up on ramp down off – repeat
2) Up / Down – flame flicker – always on
3) Strobe – fast
4) Blinking – long off
5) Blinking – long on
6) Flash – burst of pulses (emergency vehicle light)
7) Strobe – slow (beacon light)
8) Up / Down varying brightness – brief off – repeat
The MED1 control retains the last setting when turned off or when power is disconnected and re-connected.
Characteristics and uses of blue LED light:
Blue LED light is a good accent to cool white LEDs for ice, snow and water scenery effects. Blue light also provides a good compliment and contrast to orange painted scenery. Blue LED light works well with many fluorescent red scenic paints and various colors of fluorescent acrylic plastic sheets. The Blue LED 460nm light energy stimulates the material for fluorescence emission. Blue light is often used to convey a calm serene scenic setting.
- Special effects props
- Escape Room lighting and props
- Simulation of water ripple and shimmer ponds and pools for scenery with blue light (modes #2 and #8 are best for water effects). Multiple kits add a more dynamic lighting effect.
- Theatrical stage scenery
- Music stand lights to add unique blue light for theming applications. The length of the assembly with the cable control and battery holder is about 7 feet; this allows the battery pack to be floor mounted when used for music stand lighting. For temporary installation, the light socket and cable may be secured using Gaffer’s tape.
- Marquee sign props
- Simulation for sky scenes using blue light.
Sign Up for our Newsletter and let us know your areas of interest:
- Themed Entertainment
- Escape Room
- Performing Arts
- Special Effects
Sign Up form link: