The EEL (Enhanced Effects Light) combines a cable socket with a mid-power LED. The cable socket has the ability to be mounted into High Density Urethane (HDU) styling and modeling board, a commonly used substrate material for industrial models, props, scenery and signage. The cable socket can also be used in wood or similar material. The EEL’s cable socket fits into a mounting hole from the material’s front side.
The tapered fit of the socket’s body locks it in place, and a front 5/8” diameter flange provides an insertion stop. The EEL cable socket light assembly is optimized for 6 lb. density foam board when an 11mm (7/16”) hole is used; though it can be mounted into higher density materials with the hole size increased slightly to reduce insertion pressure, or with lower density foam board reducing the hole diameter for a tighter grip. A 11mm (for foam) or 12mm (for wood) metric brad point drill bit is recommended for drilling most mounting holes. The hole size needed may vary depending on material density. The EEL may be used in other rigid foam types depending on user skill. In 12mm and oversized holes the EEL socket may also be secured from the rear with hot glue.
In addition to the cable socket, the EEL has an LED light source, the SBL (Silicone Bi-Pin Lamp). The SBL is a mid-power, 1.1 watt nominal, 110 lumen, warm white source that operates on 12 volts DC. The power consumption is low enough that several of the lights can be operated from a small 12 volt battery pack.
This kit contains:
2 pc EEL cable socket
2 pcs SBL (Silicone Bi-pin Lamp), warm white LED 12 volts
2 pc battery holder for 8 AA cells for 12 volt output
2 pc snap clip to barrel connector to connect to EEL cable
2 pc MED1 Micro Effects Dimmer Control
MED1 Micro Effects Dimmer Control Info.
The P/N MED1 Micro Effects Dimmer provides dimming, multimode effects, and on / off control of 5 – 24 volt DC LED lights. This MED1 is provided with adapter terminal blocks that make wiring easy. The recommended wire size and type is 18 AWG stranded for the screw terminal block connection. The unit features a simple tactile three button interface; Light, Speed, and Mode. The variety of effects combined with the simplicity of use makes this a great control for low complexity projects.
- The Light button is used in static mode for dimming. Note the Static (0 mode) dimming function is between effects #8 and #1 when sequencing through the modes.
- The Speed (On/Off) button provides ten speed levels for the effects modes and is also used to turn the unit off when it is held longer than 3 seconds.
- The Mode button provides eight dynamic effects, and the Static (0 mode) between effects #8 and #1.
Mode effects patterns
0) Static mode for dimming
1) Up / Down – ramp up on ramp down off – repeat
2) Up / Down – flame flicker – always on
3) Strobe – fast
4) Blinking – long off
5) Blinking – long on
6) Flash – burst of pulses (emergency vehicle light)
7) Strobe – slow (beacon light)
8) Up / Down varying brightness – brief off – repeat
Spec Sheet links: