The MEL (Micro Effects Light) is a simple LED light source with a DC barrel type connector. The MEL operates from 9 – 12 volts DC which allows for a effects system operating from a 9 volt battery. The MEL is optimized for high light output at 9 volts DC with a nominal power of 0.18 watts operating at 20ma ref. This kit includes 3 pcs MEL lights, 3 pcs MED1 (Micro Effects Dimmer) control, and 3 pcs 9 volt battery clips. The overall length of the light, control and the clip is 20” ref. For effects projects, the Micro Effects Light can be secured with Gaffer’s tape or hot melt glue.
The Prop and Scenery Lights P/N MED1 Micro Effects Dimmer provides dimming, multimode effects, and on / off control of 5 – 24 volt DC LED lights. The unit features a simple tactile three button interface; Light, Speed, and Mode. The variety of effects combined with the simplicity of use makes this a great control for low complexity projects.
• The Light button is used in static mode for dimming. Note the Static (0 mode) dimming function is between effects #8 and #1 when sequencing through the modes.
• The Speed (On/Off) button provides ten speed levels for the effects modes and is also used to turn the unit off when it is held longer than 3 seconds.
• The Mode button provides eight dynamic effects, and the Static (0 mode) between effects #8 and #1.
Mode effects patterns:
0) Static mode for dimming
1) Up / Down – ramp up on ramp down off – repeat
2) Up / Down – flame flicker – always on
3) Strobe – fast
4) Blinking – long off
5) Blinking – long on
6) Flash – burst of pulses (emergency vehicle light)
7) Strobe – slow (beacon light)
8) Up / Down varying brightness – brief off – repeat
The MED1 body measures a nominal 1.4” length, 0.6” wide and 0.2” thickness. Each of the connector cables extends from the body 5.5”. The overall end to end length of the entire body and cable assembly is 13.0” Max. The unit’s body is sleeved in black and the cables are molded in black PVC.
Well suited for various LED lighting applications such as:
- Prop and model building
- Promotional LED signs
- Specialized décor lighting
- F/X LED art and costume lighting
- Stage Lighting
- Theatrical effects lighting
- Escape rooms